Sunday, January 16, 2011

Hair Product Review: Curls Curl Creme Brule and Curls Goddess Curls

I got like 5 Target giftcards for Christmas at my job so I decided to get some hair products among other things. I decided on two products from the Curls line. These products are very reasonably priced and seem to have pretty good ingredients. The bottle says they are formualted with Certified Organic Ingrdients and contain no Sulfates, Silicones, Parabens, or Mineral or Petrolatum Oils.


The Products :
Creme Brule ($10.99): The Creme Brule is described as a , "cream styler used to define and moisturize curls without hold". It claims to defrizz and moisturize your hair leaving soft curls without hold. The directions say to apply to wet hair that has been washed and condiotioned by scrunching into sections than allowing it to air dry.


Ingredients: water, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, glycerin, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, glycine soya (soybean) oil, ethylhexyl palmitate, glyceryl stearate, tocopherol, allantoin, certified organic butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), certified organic prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, stearic acid, cetyl alcohol, sodium carbomer, potassium sorbate, fragrance, phenoxyethanol, caprylyl glycol

Goddess Curls($7.99): Goddess Curls is described as a"botanical curl gel to define, defrizz and hold curls". It claims to eliminate frizz and hold curls with out making your hair stiff or crunchy. The gel is also Alcohol and Protein free. The directions state to apply the gel to wet freshly washed and conditoned hair by scruching it in then allowing to airdry.

Ingredients:water, sorbitol, polyacrylate-14, polyquaternium-7, polysorbate 20, fruit certified organic mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, plumeria alba flower extract, biosaccharide gum-1, carbomer, certified organic butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), aloe barbadensis leaf juice, aminomethyl propanol, tetrasodium EDTA, phenoxyethanol, DMDM hydantoin


My Experience:  I used these products on my wet bun since I have not had time to style my hair this weekend, butI do plan on trying them with a wash and go and braidout in the future. I washed my hair with Shea MoistureRraw Shea Butter Moiature Retention Shampoo then conditioned for a couple hours with Lustrasilkk Olive Oil Conditoner and Extra Virgin Olive Oil. After that I Added the Creme Brule all over my hair in sections making sure to get all of it. The product spread easily,was very easy to apply, and smelled delicious! I then let my hair dry a little then brushed it back the Goddess Curls gel and secured it in a bun. The Goddess gel feels like any other gel but is on the thinner side and does not have much of a scent. It was pretty easy to slick my hair back with also. After that I put my scarf on my hair for the night so it could dry completely. After I removed my scarf the next morning I was pleasantly suprised! My hair was smooth and the gel had great hold but was not hard like Eco Styler, my bun was also very moisturized from the Creme Brulee.I am excited to use these together for a wash and go and will continue to use them for my buns!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this review. They are having a MLK day sale and I wanted to try some of the products. I'm in the TWA stage and struggling :)

Toy said...

I recently purchased this product and I like it too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...