Friday, February 25, 2011

Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding Review- Wash and Go (pictures)


  I have heard about Miss Jessie's for a while and decided to skip it because of the mixed reviews and mineral oil. I ended up purchasing it last week upon finding a bunch of Target gift cards from the Holidays!
Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding is a purple thick heavy cream with a very fragrant smell. The product retails at $38 for 16oz. 

Their Claim: "Our world famous Curly Pudding is a "smooth operator" that transforms shrunken kinks to super shiny stretched out curls"..."Banishes frizz, promotes a soft, shiny, plump curl. Excellent for defining curls and twists. Yummy scent!"

Instructions for use: Apply a palm full of Curly pudding to damp freshly shampooed and conditioned hair. Rake through large sections and air dry. For maximum elongation comb a nickel sized dollop through small sections and air dry

Ingredients Water, Paraffinum Liquidum, Glycerin, Fragrance, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Dipropylene Glycol, Silk Amino Acids, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Avocado Oil, Shea Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, Jojoba Seed Oil, Macadamia Seed Oil, Oleth-5, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Ext. Violet 2.


  I applied about a handful of the product on soaking wet hair after cowashing. I made sure to spread it evenly and get it in the middle.I did not detangle at all and I did not do any shingling. I literally just put it in my hair and let it dry. I did like that the product isn't a gel, so I was not scared to be generous with it. I was also very happy that while my hair did not feel moisturized after drying it was not crunchy like it is when I use a gel, I do wish it was more moisturizing tho. Also unlike some other reviews it did not leave my hair greasy, and my curls appear to be defined as the usually are. The product did provide good hold and the pictures taken were done after work and doing some walking in a lot of wind.

As of now I do not think I would purchase again, my hair was not soft at all and I do not think it is worth the price. I don't think It is a bad product to try if you are thinking about it because it does have mixed reviews and it may end up working out for you. I will see how I feel after trying it with braid outs or twist outs.


*excuse my face, I wasn't wearing any makeup and my nose is slightly red because I just came in from the cold lol




10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice hair! :) - When I had natural hair I used a leave in (Giovanni Direct Leave In) then applied Miss Jessie's Curl Pudding and my hair wasn't hard. You should try that next time for a wash n go. ;)

Raveen said...

i love it!

Danielle87 said...

What is shingling? LOL since I'm new to this natural thing I figured I better learn all the key term words that are used a lot.

Unknown said...

really cute!!!

Tierra said...

@StealMyHeartLove: Thanks you and thanks for the tip! I use Giovanni Direct Leave in under Kinky Curly Curling Custard so I will def try it with the Miss Jessie's.

@Danielle: Shingling is just a method to define curls by combing the product thought with a fine tooth comb in very small sections. here is a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g02R7n77kHQ&feature=player_embedded

I attempted it once lol it doesn't seem to help my hair with curl definition tho.

@ Raveen and Jasmine: Thanks so much!

Unknown said...

Your hair is beautiful. I had the curly pudding but I gave it to my sister. I would used it and add a ton of EVOO to it. (Which ticked me off. I figured for the price I paid I should have to add anything to it...) I do like their Quick Curls and will probably purchase it again. It worked really good!

~Donna

Tierra said...

Thank You! And yea it is annoying when you have to add stuff to expensive products, so not worth it.Maybe I will give the Quick Curls a try.

TiModElle said...

really cute, really sexy, I love love your hair

Miss Major Substance said...

Tierra, what is on your lips?!

Tierra said...

Im pretty sure it is touch by mac!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...